This from Peter, in response to my post from 11/14::::
Two quick notes. "Good," according to at least one dictionary, is a cognate of
"gather."
In support of your theory: a boomtown becomes beautiful when it becomes a
hometown. Think Hong Kong.
I have to think about this more. I think you are pulling a fast one somewhere
where love, beauty, and attention intersect. Old Kant would be angry. I'm not
sure if I'd move so fast to 'resource allocation'--is political economy really
the right register? I don't know why this feels wrong, but it does.
You don't really seem to believe in judgment--if I'm not wrong, your analysis
of will is eliminativist. You think that the experience of making a judgment is
an artifact of how you have already spent your time. This would also seem to
suggest that beauty is completely a subjective phenomenon. Really? I like your
weights and muscles metaphor, but I think it's out of key with the rest of your
thought.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment