All my local peeps know about this anyway, but for the record, I am spending $22 to see 2 days worth of indie tunes this weekend at the The Intonation Music Festival.
AC Newman is reviewed and well loved in these pages, and still in heavy rotation in our house, 9 months later; I think Andrew Bird is writing beautiful, casual, intricate songs that Thom Yorke ought to be trying to emulate, and I had dinner near him last week; find the Decembrists awesome at all times (who knew we'd have such an appetite for chimney sweeps, sailors, and wastrels -- and yet it keeps on not abating); and if you, dear reader, have not yet been told to do this, go to emusic.com and try it out, because though as a library it's spotty and lumpy, you can get most of the above very cheaply, but legally, from decent friendly people, with no DRM. Yes, unprotected, un-messed-with mp3 files, the way the internet intended. So fairly priced, you don't even have to give them to your friends for free. You can tell them to buy their own.
PS. I am informed that:
AT ALL COSTS
SEE FOUR TET
absolute glitch science
Our brows were furrowed in stimulations, but we're still not sure of what.
so I will be checking that out as well.
July 12, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment