It turns out that there is a mechanism in place that will stop credit card offers from constantly appearing in one's mailbox. Under the Fair Credit Reporting Act, credit card companies must give people the opportunity to "Opt Out" of those offers. I found the site where you can do that.
https://www.optoutprescreen.com
So, What is optoutprescreen.com and is it Legit?
"Many people have wondered if this is a legitimate website and not just a scam itself. While the website is very basic, it is secured by 128bit SSL to protect the information you send. Optoutprescreen.com is actually what it appears to be and that is a way to get off those mailing lists. Yes, they do ask you for your social security number, however, they need to be able to verify your identity. "
November 22, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I think it'a good idea to opt out yourself. I'm fed up with all those credit card offers in my mailbox!
ReplyDelete