March 01, 2006

Re: iPod Hi-Fi. Home stereo. Reinvented.


AE wrote:
Do you have the iPod boombox?  Have you heard this, and if so, how does it sound?


I don't have it, and I have not heard it, though I believe them when they say that it sounds good.  It is also 300-some bux.

What I do have is this:

http://www.kk.org/cooltools/archives/000468.php

Cheap, sturdy, weatherproof, built-in rechargeable battery pack instead of D-cell batteries, and IT HAS A RADIO!




1 comment:

  1. Anonymous12:50 PM

    I went to the Apple store and listened to all of their audio devices. I found them all inferior, except for their headphones. All of their speaker systems and boomboxes offer weak, distorted bass. The treble and mid-ranges are decently undistorted, but overall, they lack volume and wouldn't fill a room more than 10' x 10'. Too bad their sound is inadequate, because they're certainly good looking. But form must equate function to earn my dollars.

    ReplyDelete